Arghhh! I hate blog memes, but rules are rules. As Robert Service said, “a promise made is a debt unpaid, and the trail has its own stern code,” and although I’m not sure how that applies, I’m forced to respond. From Abel over at TerraSig comes a random blog meme…literally.
For the uninitiated a blog meme is sort of a meme but not really. A meme is a unit of information passed though learning or behavior, rather than genetics. A blog meme is a set of questions passed from blogger to blogger until it finally peters out. It gives bloggers a chance to connect to each other and to connect their readers to other blogs.
And for today’s meme, the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Six random things about me:
2. My Hebrew name is a composite of “heals/healer” and a suffix referring to “God”.
3. I’m phobic of spiders (although I can appreciate them intellectually).
4. I grow tomatoes and chilis and make my own salsa.
5. I like to listen to NPR while I sleep.
6. My maternal great-grandfather was the constable of Boston, and when my grandfather was born, he was given a locket reportedly by this man, a locket my mother still has.
OK, fine. I’ve done it. On to the next victims.
Ames, over at Submitted to a Candid World, you’re it.
Martin, at the Lay Scientist.
Bing McGhandi, for having a great name.
Bronze dog…he’s usually a sport.
Perky Skeptic…she seems a nice sort who won’t kill me for tagging her.
Oh, and Blake, who I hope to meet at ScienceOnline09.